Monday 31 August 2015

For the Love of Knitting!

I must start with an apology, my leaves are still in progress with many having been knitted, but alas too many ideas spinning around my butterfly brain to put them together in any sort of beautiful way! I am currently toying with an idea which I hope to complete this week and post as soon as possible. 


A very small sample of my leaves, yet to be gathered together
and made into something beautiful


I have I feel had a little bit of a yarn meltdown and when I sat down to reflect about it all this week, I think I have come up with an answer.......I love knitting! Worse still I love knitting things for other people, all they have to do is mention something and off I go casting on and heading off at a tangent with yet another project. 

So this is my week to confess to all the projects I am currently working on!! The reason for this confession is the fact that we had a show and tell at my knitting group last week and when Doreen's lovely husband came in proudly wearing his beautifully knitted jumper made with love by Doreen I suddenly thought....I must focus and finish my projects one at a time! Starting, naturally with the jumper for my husband.


My husbands jumper, just the sleeves and sewing up to go!
So why does the cardigan which I started before this, for myself, sit unfinished in my loft?
Well..... maybe because I won't need this until winter.....honestly!

My beautiful, unfinished cardigan, started months before my hubby's jumper
Why with  these two on my needles did I ever cast this on??
Because.....I just love this jumper.

A fabulous jumper, I have made it once and my daughter now has it
so I had to start again!

Oh and the Mystery KAL on Very busy Monkey?
Well.... because it is good to have a challenge!

A shawl which I did not need to start but just love knitting it!
I must also mention the experimental crochet project which I started for the summer..... but the summer never really happened so I haven't finished it yet!

A summer top in progress
I think with Autumn fast approaching and a week off work ahead I will focus on being a finisher completer and intend on sharing these projects with you as I do.

Life has been busy over the last couple of weeks for both myself and Helen with each of us having loved ones falling ill, this puts unfinished projects into perspective.

Every project we embark on takes time and love so when you receive a knitted or crocheted gift always remember you are loved by the giver and each stitch represents that love!

Finally I must mention a shop which is due to open its doors tomorrow, I don't live near enough to visit but if you do then call into The Old Pharmacy which is in Faversham Kent. Take a look at the website and like them on Facebook. It looks fabulous!!
http://www.theoldpharmacyfaversham.co.uk/


Until next time....take care, Sarah & Helen xx




No comments:

Post a Comment