Monday 28 September 2015

All that stash !!!

Firstly let me tell you about a new cafe / bistro in Urmston that I went to. It is called Bevano Lounge off Eden Square. You must call in  for a coffee as the decoration on the walls is amazing! It has so many beautiful lamp shades hanging from the very high ceilings and pictures everywhere it's a must if ever you are down there. Here are a few snaps I quickly took when I popped in for lunch with friends.



lots of pictures and mirrors and clocks all over the walls.
Big leather sofas to sit in as well, it's just a lovely relaxing place.









But now to my stash. I have a very large stash of one of my favourite yarns, Rowan Felted Tweed DK. It is and always will be a beautiful yarn. Over the years I have collected so many colours and balls of this yarn and below are some of them, this is just about quarter of what I have hidden away in my loft.

I have a few projects on the go so I thought I would show them to you. First is a blanket I started last year, I will finish it eventually, maybe it's the colours that aren't exciting me anymore !

Another project is, I think, going to be another blanket or maybe a set of cushions, I'm not sure yet but whatever it is I am going to wash it so it felts. I love this yarn when it is slightly felted, it goes very soft and matted .

Here is the  pattern I am using, it is great for making squares for throws and blankets in any type of yarn.

Basic sqaure 

sp (sps): space (spaces)
ch: chain
sl st: slip stitch
tr: treble
beg: beginning
dc: double crochet



Make 6ch, sl st into first ch to form a ring

Round 1: 3ch (counts as first tr), work 15tr into ring, sl st into 3rd of 3ch at beg of round.

Round 2: 5ch (counts as 1tr, 2ch), [ 1tr into next tr, 2ch] 15 times, sl st into 3rd of 5ch at beg of round

Round 3: sl st into first 2ch sp, 3ch (counts as 1tr), work 2tr into first 2ch sp, 1ch, [3tr into next 2ch sp, 1ch] 15 times, sl st into 3rd of 3ch at beg of round

Round 4: sl st into each of next 2tr, 1ch, 1dc into first ch sp, 3ch, 1dc into next ch sp, 6ch, *1dc into next ch sp, [3ch, 1dc into next ch sp] 3 times, 6ch rep from * twice more, [1dc into next ch sp, 3ch] twice, sl st into first dc

Round 5: sl st into first 3ch sp, 3ch, work 2tr into first 3ch sp, into next 6ch arch work [5tr, 2ch, 5tr] *3tr into each of next 3 3ch sps, into next 6ch arch work [5tr, 2ch, 5tr] rep from * twice more , 3tr into each of last 2 3ch sps, sl st into 3rd of 3ch at beg of round

Round 6: 1ch, 1dc into each tr to end, working 3dc into each corner sp, sl st into first dc.

fasten off


I will show you the finished blanket in a few weeks, my aim now is finish the many things I have on the go so these 2 blankets are first on my list. 

Happy Hooking !!! 

Thanks for that Helen, I am hopefully going to share some pictures of projects which I have managed to complete in the next couple of weeks, I have lots of pieces being blocked at the moment. I will also share my purchases from Yarndale, I had a fabulous time, unfortunately Helen could not come this year but I think she will like what I bought!

Ta ta for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment