Sunday 6 December 2015

Christmas is Coming!!

I have had a very busy few weeks, Christmas shopping, not finished yet, knitting for work and crochet for the snowflakes, sorting through my massive stash of wool and trying so hard to get rid of some, but no, its not happening yet.

I have just found my Christmas knitted wreath for my door, I made it last year for Lets knit magazine and I love it.

Its a simple pattern and if anyone would like it please get in touch.

I went to the Ideal Home at Christmas exhibition. I enjoyed it but I was a little disappointed that there weren't more christmas displays. I needed ideas for my table but there was nothing like that. But I still spent money.




I bought a set of window heart lights 

 Dont you just love the colours in this chair, if and when we get our knitting shop we will have a few scattered around the shop.




I had a lovely weekend away with my family in Keswick to start my Christmas shopping.


We had our first snow fall and it was magical. This is the view from our flat we had hired for the weekend.














My sister, niece, daughter and my dad. 





As always i had to find the knitting shop. It was full to the top with wool and habby items, I love having a rummage in shops like that. The sad thing is I didn't buy anything this time, not like me at all !!


There were some fabulous shop windows and lots of sheep and sparkly things to look at these are just some of my pictures !


 


An amazing cheese shop  were I bought a bottle of elderflower gin for my niece.
 
 This little chappy had a lovely warm knitted coat on, it was freezing up North.

As a young girl we had a telephone like this in yellow, don't you just love this one ?

I definitely had an amazing time and I  managed to spend some money and buy a few presents. It got me into the festive mood.

I have also been busy making snowflakes for my local park in Stretford. The book I use has the most amazing design, well worth buying. 100 Snowflakes to crochet by Caitin Sainio




I hope that you are all busy making things for your family and friends for Christmas. If you are still looking for anything knitted or crochet check out my Etsy Shop - Helen Ardley Knits. I will also have Hank and Skein items for sale on there until the beginning of next year when we will be starting our new shop. So lastly a few pictures of knitted things you can buy !!!





From Sarah and myself we wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
Thanks Helen I wish I could have come to Keswick it is one of my favourite places/ 












No comments:

Post a Comment