Sunday 12 April 2015

Easter Bonnets!


We hope you have all enjoyed the Easter weekend, what beautiful weather we had in Manchester. I spent one of the days at our Easter 'eggstravaganza' at our local park. I was running the craft stall making rabbit baskets and dangley sheep. It was very busy and I think all the kids, mine included, had a brilliant afternoon. 
The Sunday was spent with family enjoying food, wine and the sunshine back over in my home town in West Yorkshire. My sisters house is surrounded by sheep and all the lambs came out to play whilst we were there.

Lovely little lambs!


I am sharing with you my daughter's Easter hat because she did an amazing job. A fried egg, fantastic! It gained first prize at school... that's my girl!! 


Smashing Hat!



Sarah has come home from her trip to Switzerland and is not very well so we will share her amazing photos and hear all about it when she is better.

So what's been happening this last week? I have been busy working on a summer collection for Knit Today Magazine which will be in the magazine in a few months time. The yarn is bright and chunky with really fun colours, I have enjoyed working with this collection of designs.


Fun and Bright!


I also started a baby blanket using my stash of baby yarns, Wendy Peter Pan DK and Patons Fairytale DK. They are beautiful soft yarns with lovely shades ranging from soft pastels to vivid brights.
My blankets are going to be on sale at my local craft fayre but I am going to share the simple basic pattern so that you can have a go yourselves.



This blanket is made with DK yarn on a 4mm crochet hook and the size of the blanket will be 64cm by 74cm

To make the blanket make 129ch.

Row 1: 1tr into 4th ch from hook, 1 tr into each of next 5ch,* miss 2 ch, 1 tr into each of next 6ch, 2ch, 1 tr into each of next 6ch, rep from * to last 8sts, miss 2ch, 1 tr into each of next 6ch, 1 tr into same place as last tr, turn
Row 2: 3ch (counts as first tr), *1 tr into each of next 6tr, miss 2tr, 1tr into each of next 6tr, 2ch, rep from * to end omitting last 2ch sts,  1 tr into base of last tr, turn
This last row forms the pattern. Continue in pattern changing colour as you go along until blanket measures 74cm. Fasten off.


Baby Blanket



I have also been  making some linen purses. They need to be lined and buttons added but I am really pleased with them.


Part constructed purses!




When they are finished they will also be for sale on my etsy shop.

Well that's my week finished , lets hope Sarah's pictures will appear 

soon, I cant wait to see her skiing!

Thanks Helen! I am feeling a little better today so thought I would throw a quick hello in. I had a great time in Switzerland and even had a few pieces of Toblerone before being knocked sideways by this chest infection. I am glad to say I also got a little knitting and crochet in too...but I will share that with you next week.

I am so glad our blog is a joint venture and thanks to Helen I have been able to recover this week without worrying about it!


The View from our balcony in Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment