Sunday 15 March 2015

Has a whole week gone by?

I don't know about you... but I find that time just slips through my fingers at the moment and I don't seem to have enough of it either,however Helen and I managed to get together this week and we both had so much to share we thought we were going to burst! We both have community projects on a Monday night and last week was the First birthday for the Knit and Natter group, which I set up at the local library. They made us a beautiful cake to celebrate! I love getting together with like minded ladies and sharing knitting and crochet knowledge especially when I see the pure joy when they complete their first project. I cannot think of a nicer way to spend my Monday evenings. 


Our lovely Cake!!


I am pleased to share the picture of my completed Skinny Fit Mitts. I have worn them so much!  I am sure I will be knitting them soon in another colour because I love them so much!
A perfect fit!!



I showed you my tension square and promised to let you know what I was knitting...well the yarn is from my stash and must be about 7 years old, but it is a yarn which I love. It is Rowan Calmer, they have sadly now discontinued it, but you can still get your hands on some at http://www.blacksheepwools.com/. I am working on Erin from Kim Hargreaves book; Heart Felt The Dark House Collection www.kimhargreaves.co.uk. I know that Helen and I both Love Kim's designs because they always fit well and are very flattering. I hope to have this knitted for the Spring/ Summer as it is a perfect jacket to keep the chill off. This is my progress so far.....


Do you love it? I do! The colour is beautiful and the fabric of the knit feels so soft!

I am also pleased to tell you that I came runner up with many others in a competition run by Rowan Yarns and Aardman studios featuring Shaun the Sheep; we had to place Shaun in an unusual environment (for a sheep that is) and post the picture on the Rowan Facebook page. 

As you can see my entry was based around the Great British Sewing Bee! And the picture on the right is of the fabulous gift I received in the post from Coats Crafts! I was so pleased!

Helen has spent her week creating fabulous fancy dress outfits for her two children, can you believe that world book day and Red Nose Day were within a week of each other plus a Grecian day in school? Poor Helen! She truly was Super Mum this week! But just like the rest of us Helen juggles work and motherhood and she was also preparing for her weekend in Belfast at The Glen Gallery Crafts in Cullbackey Ballymena, where she is teaching a course on knitting and crocheting with colour. I am sure all the ladies will love It! The bundles of wool she was taking looked like bags of rainbows. I can't wait for her to get home and let me know how it went. 

Next week we will be sharing a stash busting project, so dig out those odd balls of wool that you haven't the heart to throw out, with lots of texture and variation and in colours you love. It is a lovely pattern.

Until then I will leave you with a recently finished project, an adaptation of Lucy’s Jolly Chunky Bag pattern - on Attic 24 http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/jolly-chunky-bag.html
It makes me happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment